Zenergy Works began working with this client in December of 2019 and in less than 12 months we’ve worked together we’ve:
- Increased sales
- Increased their closing ratio
- Reduced their Google Ad spend by 70%
- Reduced their CPC (Cost per click) by 38%
This particular client is a Kitchen & Bath fabrication and installation company with two locations in the Bay Area (The clients name will remain anonymous for strategic purposes). When we first connect with this client, we did an exhaustive debrief of the client’s marketing strategy, digital presence, their ideal customer, as well the types of services their prefer to provide and are most profitable. The initiation diagnostic was this:
- A new website had been launched, but it needed a great deal of work in functionality like contact/quote forms, photo galleries, content, and mobile load time.
- The majority of traffic to the website was generated by Google Text Ads at a monthly budget of approximately $16,500 at an average Cost Per Click (CPC) of over $6.
- Little or no presence in social media.
- Little or no use of the email contact list
- Poor organic placement for significant search terms.
We made significant gains for this particular client in the three months we worked together. Then COVID-19 hit. Luckily, this business was deemed essential which allowed them to change their showrooms to appointment only, although sales staff was reduced due to initial declining sales. Despite these challenges, the decision was made to not stop marketing efforts, but rather to pursue our main goals for the marketing program, namely:
- Finish the needed functionality and photo presentations on the website and improve mobile performance along with reductions in bounce rate and increase pages viewed per visit and time spent on the site.
- Significantly reduce the Google Ads budget and reduce the CPC.
- Improve social media presence, build up and increase use of the email contact list, and improve organic placement of the website.
By making marketing a priority, and getting constant input and assistance from the client, by the end of September 2020, we have been able to accomplish most of our goals.
- The website is now fully functional, and we are constantly updating inventory and photos of new installations, as well as revising and improving content.
- Google Ad spend was reduced to less than $5,000 per month and an average CPC of approximately $4.25.
- We have created social media presence on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. We are experiencing a cost per click (CPC) at around $.10 on Pinterest to drive traffic with Pinterest’s visual search engine and using Facebook and Instagram for further down the funnel retarget.
- Branded email templates were created and we worked closely with the client to develop custom email content. We have scrubbed, verified, and converted the email list in various CRMs that the client has used to a viable list that allows the firm to stay in contact with previous clients with current news, maintenance tips, and industry information. Open rates exceed 20% on average with a Click Rate of over 2%.
- We are still working very hard on organic placement and Google My Business Listings for the website by adding relevant content and link structure, we have been able to improve rankings by over 20%, but still have more room to grow. This has helped to increase conversions and lower overall CPC for this client.
Overall, the marketing strategy and tactics we’ve implemented for our client has led to an increase in profitability – during a pandemic. Additionally, our targeting has allowed them to focus of the type of business that they prefer to complete and clients they wish to work with. Our work is still on progress, but so far, the changes we’ve made have been sweeping and have served to change the face of this business in less than 12 months.
Finally, here is a quote from the owner of this business about Zenergy Works:
Zenergy took the time to learn about my business and my goals. Eric and his team work on our business like it is their own and work hard to act in our best interest all of the time. They have become part of our team. Most importantly, we are getting a good quantity of quality leads despite the Covid-19 crisis and the current economic slowdown. We are happy that we started working with Zenergy Works and would recommend them for digital marketing.
If you would like to find out more about how Zenergy Works can help your business to grow, please contact us. Your initial consultation is free. The client outlined here is available to discuss how their business has been changed by our marketing efforts.